*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Spinach Dip stuffed Chicken Breast. I Love this recipe with spinach, greek yogurt or low fat cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, cajun seasoning, & Chicken. So easy, Simple, & So Good!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (make sure to flatten the chicken breast)
- 1 cup pepperjack cheese
- 1 cup cooked spinach (or see below how to cook fresh spinach)
- 1/2 cup fat free cream cheese (or greek yogurt ;) )
- 2 Tbsp whole grain breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- First preheat your oven to 350
- How to Cook the Spinach:
- Wash and drain your spinach. Cut off the stems. If the leaves are large, cut into strips.
- add spinach to a pot of lightly salted boiling water, & boil for about 10-15 mins until spinach is tender and dark green. Strain all the water.
- Next, mix together spinach, pepper jack cheese & cream cheese (or greek yogurt). If needed you can heat them in microwave until melted together.
- Now, combine Cajun seasoning & bread crumbs & sprinkle both sides of your chicken breast.
- Add a spoonful of the spinach/cheese mix to the middle of the chicken and roll to cover all sides, use a toothpick to hold the ends together.
- Place in oven & back at 350 for 18-25 mins until chicken is cooked thoroughly. A tip is you can also cover the pan with foil to help hold moisture in.
- Once cooked, remove toothpicks & serve with your favorite side dish. I love it with grilled zucchini.