*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Chicken Pasta cooks up real quick and is a hearty meal-in-one.
- 2 tsp paprika (smoked or sweet)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¾ tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper (20-25 cranks of a mill)
For the Pasta
- 1 large (3/4 lb.) chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 (15 oz.) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 oz. cream cheese
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 3 whole green onions
- Combine the herbs and spices for the blackened seasoning in a bowl. Slice the chicken breast into very thin, two inch long strips. Place the chicken strips in a second bowl, pour half of the blackened seasoning over top and toss the chicken to coat in the spices.
- Prepare a large pot of water for the pasta. Bring it to a boil over high heat and then add the pasta. Cook the pasta until tender and then drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the bell peppers and onion. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot and the butter is melted, add the chicken and sauté until cooked through. Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet, add the sliced vegetables, and sauté until they are tender and slightly wilted. Remove the vegetables from the skillet.
- Turn the heat under the skillet down to medium low. Add the can of fire roasted tomatoes and the second half of the blackened seasoning. Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and add it to the skillet. Whisk the mixture until the cream cheese has melted into the tomatoes and created a creamy sauce.
- Add the cooked chicken and vegetables back to the skillet with the sauce and stir to combine. If your skillet is extra large, add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to combine with the chicken, vegetables, and sauce. If your skillet is smaller, you can add the drained pasta back to the large pot it was cooked in (with the heat turned off), then add the chicken, vegetables, and sauce to the pot and stir to combine.
- Slice the green onions and sprinkle over top before serving.