*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Far from boring, this lemon chicken recipe is moist, flavorful and easy to make. It bursts with lemon flavor along with herbs, toasted garlic and tangy mustard.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (1 teaspoon for rub and 2 teaspoons for sauce)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (1 tablespoon for rub, 1 tablespoon for cooking)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Prepare Chicken
- Make rub for chicken. Combine mustard, 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest, oregano, thyme, salt and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small bowl. Use fingers or a brush to coat chicken on both sides with the mustard rub.
- In another bowl or measuring jug, combine remaining lemon zest (2 teaspoons), lemon juice and the chicken stock. Set aside.
- Flavor Oil with Garlic
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a large oven-safe skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add the smashed garlic then cook about 1 minute or until you can smell toasted garlic and the garlic has browned around the edges. Remove and discard the garlic, but leave the oil.
- Cook Chicken
- Add chicken, skin-side down into the hot garlic-infused oil and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the skin has turned golden brown.
- Flip the chicken then add the lemon juice mixture from before. Stir then slide the pan into the oven and bake 25 to 35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 175 degrees F (79 degrees C).Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe Step 2
- Finish Lemony Sauce
- Remove pan from oven then transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. There should still be liquid in the pan. Place the pan over medium heat and bring the liquid to a gentle simmer.
- In a small bowl, use your fingers to mix butter and flour together, making a dry, crumbly paste. Whisk the flour and butter into the sauce. The sauce will thicken slightly and look glossy.Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe Step 3
- Nestle the chicken back into the pan then serve.