*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Chocolate + Mint= a perfect combination, especially around the holidays! I am always looking for ways to dress up plain ol' brownies and this is one of my favorites. You can either make these from scratch or use a prepared brownie mix- both ways turn out amazing. They are so good!
- 1 cup butter
- 8 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 5 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 bags York Peppermint Patties
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Butter a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate in a pan over low heat, stirring often. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and almond extract for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and flour. Mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the batter into the buttered pan. If you are using a kitchen scale, that is about 32 oz.
- Unwrap your peppermint patties and line them up over the top of the bottom layer of batter.
- Cover the patties with the second half of the batter.
- Bake at 425 for 22 minutes.
- Cool and then refrigerate at least 6 hours.