*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Butter Rolls- need more salt and would use salted butter to dip in before baking, but they were really easy to make and were very pretty and had great texture!
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 C warm water
- 1 C milk
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 C sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C butter, melted for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a small pan bring milk to a boil and add butter and salt. Turn off heat and allow butter to melt.
- Cool in refrigerator until it comes to room temperature.
- In a small bowl dissolve yeast in warm water and add 1 tsp sugar. Allow to proof.
- In another larger bowl beat 3 eggs; add 1/3 C sugar and mix together.
- Add cooled milk and yeast to egg mixture.
- Add flour, one cup at a time beating with mixer constantly. This will be slightly thicker than cake batter.
- Cover batter with a towel and allow to rise until double.
- Grease counter top and place dough on counter. Do not add more flour unless it is just too sticky to handle.
- Form dough into small, 1 inch size balls.
- Melt 1/2 C butter and dip each ball into butter before placing in pan. Put three balls into each muffin tin to form cloverleaf rolls.
- Let rise until double.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown