*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Baked Caprese Rigatoni - looks yummy AND easy to make! We made it tonight -- even faster by using dehydrated garlic and onion. We used 8 oz shredded mozzarella on top - favorite part!
- 1 lb. uncooked rigatoni
- 6 small fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 12-ounce can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 2½ cups your favorite jarred tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn or sliced into ribbons
- ½ block grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook rigatoni according to directions on package. Drain and set aside. Preheat broiler.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute onion and garlic over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring so the garlic doesn’t burn. Add crushed tomatoes and fresh tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Add half of the basil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add to the pasta. Pour in tomato sauce and stir to combine (and you can add more sauce until it’s saucy enough for you if you). Pour into a baking dish or skillet.
- Top with shredded cheese and place under broiler for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining fresh basil and serve.