*** Recipes Tutorials ***
You could substitute Pepper Jack cheese for the jalapenos and Monterey Jack cheese to save time in this super easy Southwest Mac and Cheese recipe.
- 8oz. pasta (elbow or shell)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 (6 oz.) container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions (boil 7-10 minutes, or until al dente), then drain in a colander.
- While waiting for the pasta water to boil and the pasta to cook, dice the onion and mince the garlic. Sauté both in a large pot with the olive oil over medium heat until they are soft and transparent (about 5 minutes). Drain the diced tomatoes, then add them to the pot with the frozen corn and chili powder. Continue to sauté until the corn has heated through (about 3 minutes).
- Turn the heat off and add the drained pasta and Greek yogurt. Stir until the pasta is coated in the creamy sauce. Add the cheese and stir until the residual heat has melted it into the sauce. If you pasta has cooled too much to melt the cheese, keep the burner on low as you stir the cheese into the sauce. Serve hot sprinkled with the sliced green onions.