*** Recipes Tutorials ***
This one is a family-pleasing-keeper, guys. It is a 30 minute wonder, indeed, but it has all of the charm and deliciousness of a lasagna that takes half the day to make. Hope you make it soon! A flavorful meat sauce is layered between delicious lasagna noodles and a fabulous cheesy mixture. All of these layers are placed into a skillet right on your stove top. The noodles cook right in the sauce! Isn’t that great. :) Once they are tender more cheese is sprinkle on the top and then melted under the broiler in your oven. Yum!
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup onion, chopped
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup cottage cheese or Ricotta cheese
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 Cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 (24 ounce) jars Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1 (9 ounce) package Oven Ready Lasagna noodles
- 2 Cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 pound Italian sausage, 2 cloves minced garlic, and 1/4 cup chopped onion. Cook until the sausage is browned and the onion and garlic are tender. Then drain the grease.
- While your sausage cooks, crack two eggs into a medium-sized bowl. Whisk them together with a fork. Add 1 1/4 cottage cheese, 3/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Give it a nice stir to combine.
- Into your skillet pour 1 and 1/2 jars prego spaghetti sauce and 1 can diced stewed tomatoes. I only had whole stewed tomatoes, so I stuck some scissors into the open can and chopped them up. Give all these ingredients a nice stir to combine.
- Pour 2/3 of the sauce into a separate container and set aside, leaving 1/3 of the sauce in the skillet.
- Grab a box of Oven Ready Lasagna. Layer half of it over the sauce, breaking a few of the pieces as needs be.
- Cover the noodles with half of the cottage cheese mixture. Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the cheese mixture. Layer the rest of the noodles over the sauce. Then add the rest of the cottage cheese mixture and (you guessed it!) the rest of the sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium high heat and then cover. Let it simmer away for about 15 minutes or until the noodles are tender and cheese mixture is melted nicely. Be sure not to cook it at too high a temperature. You don't want the bottom to burn.
- Turn your oven to broil. Uncover your skillet of wonder and sprinkle 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese over the top of the bubbly sauce. Pop it in the oven and let the cheese get all gorgeous and bubbly. Should only take 3-4 minutes. Make sure to watch it closely, things can burn quickly when being broiled. :)
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for a couple of minutes.