*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Ok friends here it is, the Pizza Pasta Casserole recipe!! The views, comments, and recipe requests last night were overwhelming-and I thank you for that. Get a pen and paper because this 6 ingredient recipe can be made for dinner TONIGHT for under $10 and in less than 1 hour!! (original recipe is on Weight Watchers.com but my version is easier, filled with more protein and fiber, and less points!)
- 1 lb ground lean turkey sausage
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces rotini pasta , cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese (20 oz)
- 32 slices of turkey pepperoni
- Brown ground beef, onion, garlic and seasoning in oil.
- Stir in pasta, spaghetti sauce and 2 cups cheese.
- Place mixture in 2 greased 9x13x2 inch baking pans or 4 square pans.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Top with pepperoni.
- Cover and freeze up to 3 months.
- To cook now: Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.
- To bake frozen casserole: Thaw in refrigerator overnight and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, till hot.