*** Recipes Tutorials ***
All I have to say about these cookies is.... YUM! They are so addicting, they are the perfect sweetness, and I love the texture. I store them in the fridge, and they sort of have that "Texas Sheet Cake" icing flavor, moist, fudgy and yummy!! They are really quick and easy to make, and would be ideal to make with the kids, they could totally measure things and scoop the batter.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 Tb cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- Before you start, rip off a few pieces of wax paper and lay them on the counter. This is where you'll drop the cookies after you make the batter.
- So, get a medium saucepan and put the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder into the pan. Heat if over medium heat until it comes to a boil, whisking it to make it smooth. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat
- Then, add the vanilla and peanut butter, and whisk until smooth. (I have no idea why the peanut butter looks so disgusting in this photo! It must be the light!!)
- Then, add in the oats
- Stir the oats into the rest of the stuff. Then, drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto the waxed paper. I used tablespoons, you could use teaspoons if you wanted the cookies smaller....
- I put them in a tupperware container with wax paper between the layers of cookies, and stored them in the fridge. They are dwindling quickly. I should have told Wade that they were whole wheat cookies, then he would have left them alone.....